Monday, October 27, 2008

Organic Art - Beej's Speciality



If I had the choice I would use ALL my own designs when working on customers' rides. I love just letting it all go and getting into real 'Organic' stuff, seems I can't do enough of it these days as everyone wants flames n skulls! No probs though, but I have some plans to paint some large canvases next year and concentrate on my own style.

My first award-winning bike (my Brother's R1 'Sibling') is still one of my favourites and also, the Red Dragon paint job for Chris in Bath, that ranks up there with the faves on my list.

For those of you who've never seen the R1 then here are some pics below, if I had the money I'd buy it back as Paul sold it a couple of years ago to fund his Volksrod project and now, he's sold that and bought . . and R1!! Hehe . .guess it must be Sibling 2 time then!



Working like this is so much more relaxing when a lot of the time, you're simply painting as you go and creating the images as you airbrush. I always have a rough sketch or starting point, like this pic here from the London Custom Bike Show, where I did a demo earlier this year. The imagination kicks in and the simple, thumbnail idea turns into a piece of art organically, almost all by itself - well, not quite, but you know what I mean!

Just give me an airbrush, some paint and point me at the surface, metal, card, board whatever, and I'll just let the weird-ness begin. I find it incredibly exhilarating painting this way and it's also very relaxing at the same time, kind of hightens all your creative nerve ends if you don't know where you're gonna end up.

If you watch 'Heroes' I think my eyes even turn white until I have finished the piece! Hehe . .









No comments: